Otway HEALTHGRADUATE NURSE PROGRAM
Graduates enrolled in the current Registered Nurse Graduate Program at GORH (Otway Health) undertake a 4 month rotation through an acute area at Colac Health.
Otway Health is a multipurpose health service located in Apollo Bay where our graduates work as part of a multidisciplinary team in Residential Aged Care, Acute and Urgent Care departments. The rotation through Colac Area Health will give our graduates the opportunity to extend their scope of practice and develop their more acute skills. It is also a fabulous opportunity to develop our workforce within the region.
Colac Area Health is a unique, integrated health service model, situated in the foothills of the scenic Otway Ranges and about an hour from Apollo Bay. Colac Area Health is comprised of Acute Care (Medical/ Surgical/Maternity/Haemodialysis), Perioperative Services (Operating Suites/Day Surgery), High Level Residential Aged Care, Urgent Care, Cancer Treatment Centre, Community Nursing including Hospital in the Home, Post Acute Care and Palliative Care and an extensive range of Community Services.
We aim to develop our graduate to work effectively in each of these departments by offering experience, mentoring and guidance. Our clinical team have regular in house education sessions as well as access to shared education with Colac Area Health, Hesse Rural Health and Lorne Community Hospital and sessions run by the EMET team at University Hospital. Otway Health also has an extensive array of online learning opportunities including the Rural Urgent Care Nursing Program offered through Alfred Health.
REGISTERED NURSE GRADUATE YEAR 2022 FOR OTWAY HEALTH & COLAC AREA HEALTH
- Application through Computermatch
- 12 month contract with the option to extend
- 0.8 – full time
- 4 month Rotation through Colac Area Health
- Applications to Libby Van Leeuwen
- Applications close Wednesday 7 July, 2021
Please include the below;
- Cover letter
- CV (2 pages only please)
- Certified academic transcript
- Copies of 2 most recent clinical assessments
- Names, position and contact details for 2 relevant referees
- For further information, please contact Libby Van Leeuwen on
firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 5237 8500.
Please ensure to apply through Computermatch and send a copy via email to email@example.com
- Preceptors provide support in the clinical environment
- Educators are available to provide clinical support, facilitate adaptation to your new role and meet your education needs with regular on-site education opportunities
- Education sessions that are specific to the needs of the graduate nurse are provided
- Education is held at Colac Area Health and Otway Health as well as an extensive range of online learning opportunities
- Following the graduate year, opportunity to join the rural pathway offered through OH and University of Tasmania. The Rural Pathway is a clinical and academic pathway specialising in rural nursing. There are options to complete a post graduate certificate, diploma or ongoing pathway to Nurse Practitioner
A number of positions exist to enable nursing graduates to continue employment at Otway Health on completion of the graduate nurse program. These include working in acute and aged care +/- undertaking an academic Rural Pathway.