GREAT Allied Health
Allied Health is a key component in Great Ocean Road Health’s multidisciplinary approach to health care.
The following professionals are employed at Great Ocean Road Health;
- Exercise Physiologist
- Occupational Therapists
- Social Workers
- Diabetes Educator
- Costs and allied health services under Medicare
- Medicare does not usually cover visits to allied health professionals. However, if you have a long-term health condition, you might be eligible for Medicare rebates.
- For you to get Medicare rebates, your doctor must prepare a ‘care plan’, such as a chronic disease management plan or a mental health treatment plan.
- Some private health funds cover certain allied health services.
- Ask about fees before you make your appointment.
Visiting Health Care Services
Visiting health care services allow you to access quality healthcare close to home. By supporting the allied health team who support our community with their regular visits, we can all contribute to keeping these local options available.
List of Allied Health Professionals: Podiatrist, Acupuncturist, Optometrist, Osteopath, Psychologist, Counsellor, Audiology, Cardiologist