GREAT Community Care
Great Ocean Road Health’s Community Services are designed with the goal of keeping people in their homes and active in their community for as long as possible, ensuring they live happy, healthy and connected lives. For all services please call central intake on 03 5237 8575 .
How it works
Community and Home Care Services may be accessed through Commonwealth government funded services or packages. These packages include different services depending on your needs and eligibility. To apply for a government-funded package, you need to get an Assessment with My Aged Care. The two most popular programs are the Commonwealth Home Support Programme (CHSP) for entry level care and Home Care Packages for more complex needs.
Being a rural health service, GORH has other funding, so if you are not eligible for a government-funded package or would like assistance applying please call our Intake and Information Officer on 03 5237 8575.
You will then be assisted to ensure you receive the services you need in the most timely and cost effective manner.
COMMONWEALTH HOME SUPPORT PROGRAM
The Commonwealth Home Support Program (CHSP) is a Government-subsidised program for over 65’s who just need a little bit of extra support to stay at home. The program provides subsidised Home and Community Care services which are delivered by Great Ocean Road Health.
The aim of CHSP is to enable optimal independence whilst you stay in your home, ensuring you are happy, healthy and safe. We focus on enabling you to self- manage your care and setting goals around what you are able to do.
The CHSP is designed to deliver low-level support. As your needs become more complex or intensive and you start to require case management assistance, you may be referred for a Home Care Package (HCP). We can help you apply for a HCP and then coordinate and manage the home and community services that meet your needs on your behalf.
Services provided under the CHSP can include;
- Domestic Assistance– assistance with vacuuming, cleaning bathrooms etc.
- Personal care – assistance with showering, grooming, medication prompting
- Respite care – in-home
- Property maintenance – installation and changing of smoke detector and minor installation of grab rails
- Delivered meals – meals delivered to your door
- Social support groups – including local outings in our region
- Social support individual – one-on-one support to undertake social activities, grocery shopping or paying pills
- Transport – assistance in attending appointments or to shopping
- Allied Health Services
Home Care Packages
A Home Care Package is a government supplied-funding service for senior Australians needing care to remain independent at home for longer. To help meet the different needs of seniors’ personal circumstances, there are four different levels of Home Care Packages, which range from lower level care – Level 1 Home Care Package, right through to higher level, more complex care – Level 4 Home Care Package.
We offer a wide range of services so you can continue living a great life. Care services include services like Cleaning, Meal preparation, Shopping, Personal care, Allied health services and Companionship to keep you living at home, and help you stay healthy and happy.
These services are performed by our skilled staff. Other services we may organise on your behalf include; Gardening services, Meal delivery and Specialist appointments.
At Great Ocean Road health we have a dedicated Home Care Packages team who will work with you to identify your individual needs, care and support required. They will also answer any questions to help you stay in your home – independent, happy, healthy and safe.
ALLIED HEALTH SERVICES
- Occupational Therapy
- Exercise Physiology
- Social Work
- Mental Health Social Work
- Community Health Nursing
- Health Coaching
- Home based exercise programs
- Group exercise classes, including balance and strength focussed groups.
- providing an assessment of your nursing needs
- assistance with medication and advice on other treatments
- specialised health care knowledge so that you can make informed decisions about your health care
- clinical care and support to you following hospitalisation or other episodes of illness
- advanced care planning
- wound care (dressings and treatment of any wounds to your skin)
- palliative care including; symptom management and pain control, general nursing care, arranging equipment for use in the home, arranging counselling for you or your family and referrals to external services
NATIONAL DISABILITY INSURNACE SCHEME
GORH provides services and supports under the national Disability Insurance Scheme.
NEIGHBOURHOOD HOUSES – LORNE AND APOLLO BAY
Marrar Woorn Neighbourhood House – Apollo Bay
- Adult education
- Community group meeting spaces
- Exercise classes
Lorne Community House – Lorne
- Occasional child care
- Community group meeting spaces
- Exercise classes
- Centrelink agency
We understand it can be confusing to navigate all the services available and determine your eligibility, GORH have a dedicated Intake and Information Officer. After a short phone conversation with our Intake and Information Officer, you will be assisted to ensure you receive the services you need in the most timely and cost effective manner. Please call either of our campuses to be connected to the Intake and Information Officer 03 5237 8575