Great Care

Freedom on Information

Under the Freedom of Information Act 1982, the public can access their health records.

Download: Information Sharing Request Form

Additional application fees and charges may apply The application fee is waived for applicants who can provide a photocopy of their certified Social Security card (i.e. pension or healthcare card).

Please contact the Lorne campus on 5289 4300 or Apollo Bay campus on 5237 8500 to discuss an application.

For further information, please visit the Officer of the Victorian Information Commission 

My Health Record

Great Ocean Road Health is linked with the My Health Record and electronically sends patients’ discharge summaries and medications information to those patients who have a registered My Health Record. From 1 February 2019, a My Health Record will be created for every eligible Australian who has chosen not to opt-out by the deadline of 31 January 2019.

Patients can visit www.myhealthrecord.gov.au to find out more. Patients who need extra support can call the Help line on 1800 723 471.

External Health Services and GP requests for patient information

Please provide written request for specific information, with patient consent to either:

Lorne Medical Centre

Phone: 03 5289 4333

Fax: 03 5289 4323

Email: practicemanager@gorh.vic.gov.au

Apollo Bay Medical Centre

Phone: 03 5237 8595

Fax: 03 52 37 6172

Email: practicemanager@gorh.vic.gov.au

Family Violence Information Sharing Scheme (FVISS) and Child Information Sharing Scheme (CISS) Requests

Any request for the release of information pertaining to the above schemes must be done so by an authorised Information Sharing Entity (ISE) and/or Risk Assessment Entity (RAE). The requesting authorised person/agency will need to be verified prior to the release of information under these schemes.

To request information under one of these schemes please complete this document and email your request enquiries@gorh.vic.gov.au

Last Modified: Tuesday, 07 July 2022